Welcome to the city of Lexington.
Thank you for visiting. We hope you find our website informative and helpful.
COLD WEATHER TIPS
With these simple suggestions, you can help avoid utility problems and reduce your energy bills when cold weather is expected in our area.
- Secure crawl space openings to ensure they stay closed.
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage
- Do NOT leave the garden hoses connected to outside faucets. Remove garden hoses and drain the hoses.
- Insulate your attic between floors, outside walls, around heating ducts, and any pipes exposed to outside air.
- Insulate pipes and faucets in unheated areas.
- Leave the thermostat set to 68 degrees and open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors under the sinks to warm the pipes.
- When the temperature outside drops below 20 degrees, leave your faucets running with a “small drip” from your hot water faucet
- Open heat vents in rooms that contain plumbing
- Look for places around your home where valuable heated air can escape to the outside. Close up holes, weather-strip and caulk where necessary.
- Update your contact with our office to allow us to contact you in case of an emergency.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to call our Utilities office at 731-968-5213, Monday-Friday 7am-5pm.